Monday, August 2, 2010

Kitchen Remodel

Ever since we moved in to our house 4 years ago I have wanted to remodel our kitchen. So this weekend we finally got around to getting it done. My parents and Jimmy's parents kept the kids Friday and Saturday so we could actually get something accomplished. (Thanks so much guys!) Jimmy's dad has every tool you could ever need and was kind enough to let us borrow them. Jimmy's little (I should say younger, not little:) brother Sam loaded up his dad's truck with all the needed tools and came and helped us all weekend. We were up til' 1:30 Friday night working, and about the same time Saturday night. We still aren't finished putting up all the baseboard and touching up here and there. I still need to buy the valences and a few decor items (I'm thinking yellow to go with the blue), but for the most part, it's done.
Carter helped paint a little before we went to Bear Lake.

The "before" floor.

I wish I would have taken pictures of the teddy bear picnic wallpaper and valences before I tore them down. How I hated those teddy bears!

Sam gets rid of the wierd cabinet we used to have above the oven. I was going to demolition it before they ripped it off the wall, but it fell off before I got the chance. (:

Sam and Jimmy sanding the spot where the cupboard used to be preparing to replace it with an over-the-range microwave. Sam and Jimmy spent many hours on Saturday trying to put it in. They had to put in some new wiring and everything. I'm glad I have an electrician father-in-law who could walk them through it over the phone. I love not having my microwave take up countertop space!

I didn't get very many work in progress pictures because I was too busy painting like crazy ALL DAY!

My favorite part is this laminate wood floor vs the linoleum we had before.

"After." (Not the best lighting, sorry.)

When Carter saw the kitchen Sunday morning when he woke up he said, "Wow! A new kitchen! It's all painted up! And a new floor!" My feelings exactly Carter(:

5 comments:

Tammy said...

It looks so nice honey. I hope you find just the right curtains that you've got in mind. I love you! Mom

Unknown said...

It looks GREAT! ;)

Jeff and Lea said...

Great job! I love the color and floor.

Jake and Stephanie Perrin said...

LOVE IT!! Love the floors!! We need to hang out sometime soon and have a play date!! Cant wait to go camping on the 21st.. everything still good for that?

Curtis~Lara~Taygen~Bentley said...

Great Job Jim and Heather!! I LOVE the color and the floor!!!! I bet it feels GREAT to have it all done!!! LOOKS AWESOME!