Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rock-a-Bye

This is the Rock-a-Bye song that has been passed down from my grandma, to my mom, to me, and now to Carter. I had no idea he could even sing it, or that he was even listening when we sang it to him. Then one day he started singing it to Elly and knew every word! I was shocked. It's hard to get him to sing it very often, so I was so happy when I caught it on video. His little voice is so sweet. "Rock-a-Bye, don't you cry, We will go to Grandma's. Over the Hill, and past the mill, To see the ducks and lambies."

This is Elly and Emmy (Matt and Rachel's baby). Emmy is 4 weeks older, but I think Elly is definitely the bigger one--she is quite the little chunker these days. It will be fun for these two when they get a little older and can be buddies. They don't look a whole lot like cousins except for their matching bald spots.(: Emmy has blue eyes and light hair, and Elly has brown eyes and dark hair.

8 comments:

Tyson and Emily said...

I sing that song all the time to my kids too. I remember my mom singing it, so I guess it shouldn't surprise me that grandma Skinner used to sing it too. Your kids are so cute, and I loved Carter's sweet little voice.

VicandNanc said...

That is so cute! Haha! I love kids :) I also can't believe how much both you & Rachel's girls look like the girl version of their big brothers!

Zach and Jessi said...

The girls are both so cute I love their checks. I think Elly looks adorable in her little scrubs.

Trevor and Dayna said...

I love the little song. How cute. Those are two cute little girls. Keyton has 2 cousins withing 4 months of him and they fight like brother and sisters but they are also best friends. It is so cute to see them grow up together.

Jenn said...

such cute kids! We need to get together! Sorry to be such a lame friend!

The Braggs said...

That is seriously that cutest thing i have ever heard! Your little girl is such a dolly. It is probably a blast to get both of them together to see how each has grown.

VicandNanc said...

I hope you read this, but I have to say that you HAVE to put a picture of your new hairstyle! It sounds so drastic! Whenever I do something that crazy I usually hate it so if you do... well, you still have to post it! haha!

Jeff and Lea said...

Cute pictures of the little girl cousins! How fun is that to have them so close in age? Both of you have darling little girls. Oh yeah congrats on 4 years!