Friday, November 14, 2008
Bed Rest!-- My worst nightmare has come true!
So, I don't know how many times during this pregnancy I have said, "I better not ever get put on bed rest" because I could not handle it and we would die if I wasn't able to keep working. Well, I had a doctor's appt yesterday and my nightmare quickly became a reality. My blood pressure was 146/96 and I am usually 120/70. I have protein in my urine already and things were not looking good. Pre-eclampsia! I had high blood pressure towards the end of my pregnancy with Carter, but I was far enough along that they just induced me. My doctor put me on strict bed rest for the remainder of my pregnancy and told me if I don't behave myself, she will just admit me to the hospital. I am only 32 weeks along and she said we have a 50% chance this baby will hopefully stay inside me another 2 weeks. SCARY! She told me if I would have been 35 weeks, she would have just delivered the baby immediately. So, I got a steroid shot to help get the baby's lungs developing quicker and she sent me home with a big jug to collect all my urine in for 24 hours. I went back this afternoon to have an ultrasound, some blood work and another steroid shot. The protein in my urine was elevated, but not enough to have to deliver the baby right away. The ultrasound looked perfect (hallelujah) and my blood pressure didn't get any higher. So, things were looking a little more optimistic today. This is going to be the longest ??? weeks of my life being on bed rest, but when it comes down to that being the difference of a healthy baby or not, I can do it. I am so blessed to have such a good family around who is willing to help with Carter and a good husband to take over everything around the house. I will be seeing my doctor twice a week, and we are just praying to go at least another 3 weeks before meeting this little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
18 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that...it really must be hard, but I'm sure you can do it! Just hang in there and get yourself lots of books! It will be worth it to see your little girl healthy! Please keep updating us on the situation...we'll be praying for you.
I'm so sorry your on bed rest. Just enjoy the rest your getting cuz once the baby comes i'm sure you'll be running on very little sleep. Best of luck.
I hope things will look up. I can't imagine bed rest. I would be nuts. But it's the only thing to keep you and your baby safe. Best wishes.
Hey good luck to you! I hope all goes well. If there's anything we can do to help, let us know.
Heather, I'm so sorry about the bed rest. I have always thought the same thing. I hope everything goes well. Please let us watch Carter...and I'll be available whenever you need anything. We live close!!!
OMgosh, Heather....you take care of yourself ! We will miss you at work, though. I know exactly how the bedrest thing is....but being in the hospital is worse. I know that little girl is anxious to meet everyone, but we will be prayin that you make it a few more weeks, anyway. Call if you need any of us !!
We Love ya !!!
Leslie and all the Office Girls
You are in our prayers and in our thoughts constantly. We only wish we could do more! We love you!!
I am so sorry I hear ya one everything though. I went into early labor with Paydon and i was put on bedrest for 2 months. I am sorry! hope to see you at christmas time.
I just wanted to wish you luck!! :) I hope she is healthy & strong & I hope that she can stay in you long enough to be okay. My prayers will be with you & your family!
Oh that sucks! But at least it will be better for you and baby. I know you can do it. Hang in there!
You had better call me if you need anything! That's why we are so close! Family in town is worth taking advantage of if you need them!! Bedrest does suck, but its best for you and your tiny girl! Good luck and call me to do anything for you!!
Heather! Oh man, what are you going to do? I am so sorry, i was shocked when Linda just called me (before Hudson is even 3 WEEKS old) to see if i could come back at all early? I am so worried about you, but it sounds like your doctor is really good. I hope you can stay healthy and SANE for your sweet little girl, i will be thinking of you so much-call me if you get bored! If i can do anything to help you, please let me know!
That is so scary! Heather Good luck with everything and try to keep that little girl in there. I love your little lion he looked way cute for Halloween. Any way good luck again you can do it and know that we are thinking of you.
Jamie
We went private so if you want to look at our blog e-mail @ dayzdoo@aol.com
Hey Heather,
Hang in there! We are praying for you and the baby! (and Jim) PLEASE call me if I can do anything to help you out! I would love to take Carter for you for a couple of days or whatever would help! (Taygen would love to have his little buddy stay for a while!) We love you! Stay strong!
Call me so I can help!
Love Lara and fam
hey! I just found your blog off of Lara's it was fun to find you guys. Congrats on the new baby, that is so exciting...but take it easy!! This happened to me when I had Connor...hang in there!!
YIKES I can't belive this news... and that I'm getting it so late! We need more updates! I hope you haven't had it yet! I need to come see you. Are you staying in Pocy until you have the baby? ...or are you going to try to run off to Bear Lake?!
Okay, I've been so worried about you... I just need to call you & find out what is going on!!
Oh Heather! I am so sorry girl. Your mom told me at church. You are a "go get it done" kind of person and I know this will be hard for you to rest. Enjoy it! I am so excited to meet your little girl. Love ya
Post a Comment